Mixed leaf stirfry
Mixed leaf stirfry is very nutritious side dish for rice, chappathi and biriyani. Here I have used pumpkin leaves, moringa leaves and thazhuthama leaves. (Scientific name: Boerhavia diffusa)
5 pumpkin leaves
A handful of thazhuthama leaves
1 cup of moringa leaves
5 small green chillies
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon of mustard leaves
1teaspoon rice bran oil
1 sprig curry leaf
2 garlic pods
A pinch of turmeric powder
- Wash all the leaves. Tear each pumpkin leaves into 3 or 4 pieces and then cut it into small pieces.
- Remove thazhuthama leaves from its stem.Cut the leaves into small pieces.
- Separate the moringa leaflets. Do not cut them.
- Remove the scales of shallots and garlic.
- Wash shallots, garlic and green chilli. Put them ina mixi jar and minse them.
- Keep a pan on the flame, add ricebran oil.
- When the oil is hot add mustard seeds. Let it pop in the oil.
- Add curry leaves and the mixture of shallots, garlic and chilli and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add all the leaves.
- Add salt and turmeric powder and stir well.
- Sprinkle enough water. Close it with a lid.
- Stir after 3 minutes. If it is not cooked properly, sprinkle some more water and close it with the lid. Cook for some time.