Bitter gourd stir fry is a side dish for rice. Here I have used small bitter gourd or the wild variety of bitter gourd. It has medicinal value also.
Bitter gourd Stir fry
4 bitter gourds
3 small green chillies
1 sprig curry leaf
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
A pinch of turmeric powder
1 teaspoon rice bran oil
Salt to taste
- Wash the bitter gourd
- Cut them, remove the seeds, and cut them into small pieces.
- Keep a pan over the flame, add oil and mustard seeds. Let them pop in the oil.
- Add curry leaves and bitter gourd.
- Add salt and mustard seeds.
- Stir well.
- Sprinkle enough water and cover with a lid.
- After 5 minutes open the lid and stir well. Remove the pan from the stove.