Usually we make ‘ada’ using rice flour. Here ripe banana is also used along with rice flour to make ada. It gives a special taste. Here I have used ripe palayankodan banana( Ponnan banana), rice flour and ragi flour to prepare ada.
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup ragi flour
- 2 palayankodan bananas
- a pinch of salt
- 2 lumps of jaggery
- 1/2 scrapped coconut
- 1/2 tablespoon cardamom powder
- a pinch of cumin seed powder
- 1 tablespoon of ghee
- Plantain leaf
- To prepare filling
Pour 1/2 glass of water in a pan.Add two lumps of jaggery to it. Keep it over the flame to prepare jaggery syrup. Stir it continuously. When When jaggery has melted completely, switch off the flame. Drain it t another pan through a sieve. add cardamom powder , cumin seed powder and coconut to it. keep the pan over the low flame . Stir it till all the the water gets evaporated . Add ghee and stir well. Switch off the flame.
- Take rice flour and ragi flour in bowl.
- Add a pinch of salt
- Take two palayankodan banana and squeeze it with you hands.
- Mix it with the flour.
- Kneed the flour with your hands. Since we have adde banana there is no need to add water.
- Mix thoroughly and make the dough.
- Wash the plantain leaves and cut it into 4 or 6 pieces according to the size of the ada you want to prepare.
- Place a small lump of dough on the plantain leaf.
- Spread the dough on the leaf with your hands.
- Spread 11/2 spoons of filling over it.
- Fold the leaf.
- Repeat the process with remaining dough.
- steam cook it in an idli cooker for seven to 10 minutes.
- Transfer them to a plate .